Welcome to the Manukau Tramping Club
Manukau Tramping Club's updated guidance on managing Covid (20 July 2022)
In light of the rising numbers of Covid infections and deaths this winter, we have decided to update our guidelines, again, for Club members and others participating in our activities.
When to wear a mask?
1. Mask wearing during Club activities remains optional.
2. However, we encourage mask-wearing for people participating in Club activities like indoor meetings and traveling in hired vans.
3. We also encourage mask wearing when we are sharing private vehicles, although the owner of each vehicle can decide whether mask-wearing is compulsory in their vehicle.
1. If you are unwell before a Club activity, please stay home.
2. If you become unwell during a Club activity, please notify the person leading the activity so that appropriate action can be taken. (and we advise everyone to carry a mask for this situation).
3. Vaccine passes are not required to attend Club activities, although we continue to encourage everyone to get the Covid and booster vaccinations.
4. We welcome visitors to all our activities.
5 We will continue to update our guidelines for managing the Covid pandemic as public health guidelines evolve.
The Club's history
Our Club was formed in 1976, over 40 years ago, by a group of keen trampers. Membership today is around 120, with a wide range of ages, and the new generations of trampers are just as keen as the Club’s founders. We love to see new people with us out on the hiking tracks and at monthly Club nights.
Most Sundays of the year we plan two tramps. One will be classed as Light, being suitable for beginners or people with limited time. The second tramp will be classed as Medium, and suit those with a higher level of fitness and more tramping experience. We also have a very active Tuesday group, with tramps generally classed as Light.
In addition, weekend and multiday tramps are held regularly.
Details about tramps and contact information are listed on the Upcoming Trips page.
The Manukau Tramping Club meets on the first Monday of each month, at 7.15pm, in the Anglican Church Hall, Coles Crescent, Papakura. There is no charge to attend our monthly meeting. If the first Monday in the month is a public holiday, the meeting is held on the second Monday. Everyone is welcome to attend our Club nights, including non-members.
Get moving. Keep moving. Come tramping with us.